How to add payment method to Apple ID
If you have not added payment method to Apple ID to purchase app or subcribe in app purchase, please read the instruction below.
Before you add your payment information, make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.*
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Manage Payments. (If you’re using an older version of iOS, tap Payment Information.) Then add, update, reorder, or remove your payment methods:
Adding payment method to Apple ID
- Add a payment method: Tap Add Payment Method. You might see a suggestion to add a card that you use with Apple Pay. (If you add a new credit or debit card, you might see an option to add the new card to Apple Pay.)
- Update a payment method: Tap the payment method that you want to change, then edit your information. Make sure that your information matches what’s on file with your financial institution. You might need to enter the security code that’s printed on your credit or debit card. If you see Apple Pay after the last 4 digits of the card number, edit your billing information in the Wallet app.
With iOS 12.2 or later, you can also manage your payment methods from Settings > [your name] > Payment & Shipping. If you have a device with iOS 12.1.x or earlier and you edit your payment methods from Payment & Shipping, all payment methods that you have on file will be removed.
Create an Apple ID without adding a payment method in the App Store
- Open the App Store app and find a free app.
- Tap the Get button.
- When you’re asked to sign in with an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. When you’re asked for payment information, choose None. See what to do if None isn’t showing or you can’t select it.
- After you enter your information, you’ll be asked to verify a trusted phone number if you’re eligible to use two-factor authentication. Otherwise, you’ll be asked to verify your Apple ID by email. You must verify your Apple ID before you can begin using it.